Sealed System / Tap install...advice needed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need some advice on how to tackle installing and outside tap on a Range Tribune HE system.

The tap will be teed off after the mains under the sink well before the Range He cylinder. My worry is what effect will this have on the pressure in the Range Cylinder. If I close the main stopcock on the inlet to the cylinder before teeing off under the sink and then opening again once I have finished will that be ok or should I be taking other precautions.

I will not be touching the cylinder, Your advice will be appreciated.

Thank you in advance

Sponsored Links
Hi there,

Won't affect your boiler and you don't need to turn off cold inlet under boiler.

Shut off your internal stopcock, open all cold water taps to drain pipework thru kitchen tap, chop pipe where required and fit your outside tap.

Obviously you will need to also fit, double check valve, some form of isolation preferrably full bore, and drain off point so you can "winterize" the outside tap.

Rico

Hi there,

Won't affect your boiler and you don't need to turn off cold inlet under boiler.

Shut off your internal stopcock, open all cold water taps to drain pipework thru kitchen tap, chop pipe where required and fit your outside tap.

Obviously you will need to also fit, double check valve, some form of isolation preferrably full bore, and drain off point so you can "winterize" the outside tap.

Rico

Rico

Thank you very much for this.

Just to clear one thing up the cold inlet I was refering to is not the boiler but the COLD MAIN inlet to the UNVENTED cylinder. Does that change anything from yur advice?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back