Sealed System

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey everyone just changed my system from a open vented system to a sealed system with a 12ltr expansion vessel the problem is after i done all this and thought everthing was ok (after pressurising the sytem to 1.5Bars turning heating on) I woke up yesterday and the pressure was at .5Bar. I repressurised the system back up to 1.5 and left the heating off yesterday and it now seems to be holding at this was just wondering is it normal to lose pressure like that on first fill??? Hope someone has seen this problem before as im starting to get cold now lol :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Thanks Kev was worried in case house blew up but couldnt figure it out as i had done all the conections right

If a system has been totally drained or is being filled for the first time then there is sometimes a considerable pressure loss over the first day or so as residual air is slowly dissolved.

It can be frightening as it makes the client think there is a leak!

Tony

Sponsored Links
Thats what i thought and checked all the rad valves for a leak and was thinkin the Kango might have to brought out to do some work :oops:

Yeah there not that popular yet but plumber told me to change over as kept on getting air locks in the open vented system i think the overflow off the boiler was a bit dodgy had a load of bends in it so i tore it all out and put this in

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back