Sealed UPVC unit upside down

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm building a garden house and just realised one of the non opening sealed window units (UPVC to the right of the patio doors) is upside down as the 2 holes to release the water from the drip area are at the top. I know the correct way would be to remove the glass and turn the frame round, but the beads were really challenging to get in to a point where I had to use a hair dryer to help get them in. The window is covered with a 2.5 feet canopy.

End of the day it is a garden house. So could I replicate the top holes by drilling the same atvthe bottom and then put in the plastic plugs they supply? Not sure if the top is generally different from the bottom. The frame widths look the same.

Hoping there's an easy way. If not I'll bite the bullet...

and I know it's a stupid thing to do.

Attachments

• 20181228_185227.jpg
    20181228_185227.jpg
    133.7 KB · Views: 145
Last edited:
Sponsored Links
I guessed by lack of a reply not much appetite for this approach so have removed and now swapping around. incidentally the top and bottom look identical so think could have drilled the holes...

You could have removed the glass, drilled holes inside the frame, and then face vents. But the glass definitely needed to come out....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back