Sealing a concrete floor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

Firstly thanks for any replies.

Ok, here goes...I have a newly laid concrete internal floor, recently laid which is drying nicely, with no cracks yet !

Now, wifey suffers with a skin condition which we know to be agitated by cobalt and chromium, which if i am correct may be in cement.

We think that past home Diy jobs, seem to tie in with past flare ups, and also alergy tests seem to confirm this.

So, boxing clever, i feel the need to seal this floor once dry to prevent dust issues, and hence preserving my gonads....always a good thing !

My initial thought was ah.....good old pva will do it but having read some links from here and elsewhere , now perhaps not.

You could say just get a flooring cover over it, such as lino or floatex 21 etc , but i still have the rest of the kitchen extension building to finish and we need to use the extension temporarily to finish the rest, and i do not want to wreck any newly laid floor covering.

So you see, i need to seal this potential dust problem.

I have read that pva is not good for tiles, and that you should use the recommend adhesive suppliers primer.

I think that we will probably not go the tile route anyhow but i need to seal the floor and keep my options open.....you know what women are like !!

Can anyone recommend a product, pva or otherwise

Thanks all

Tufty

Sponsored Links
Concrete sealer....

serious, not kidding. Don't know trade names. I'll look next time I'm passing.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back