sealing a dusty floor that will be carpeted

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have a new concrete floor that is very dusty, we are going to be laying underlay and a carpet on it.

Would a 1-5 mix of PVA be OK to seal it, or would I be better of using one of the proper sealers?
From what I remember from years back when I used a sealer on a garage floor, I had to wash the excess sealer away after leaving it for so long, which we cant realy do with this floor, hence wondering about PVA or would that maybe stick the underlay to the floor :LOL:

Sponsored Links
I already have a load of PVA, just wondering if it is suitable for sealing a concrete floor that is going to be carpeted.

Sponsored Links
Well thinned PVA can be used, but as you are wondering I would expect a risk of it sticking to the underlay if your floor gets wet (leaks, spills etc).

For dust proofing a lift shaft I know a thinned coat of emulsion will do, but never really thought about it on the floor (no good for a wearing surface without carpet etc. over it)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back