Sealing Corugated Garage Roof

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I'm looking to seal some gaps between the walls and roof in my garage.

The roof is corrugated and has fillers in the eaves, but there are still quite a few gaps (See images attached)

I'm partly trying to keep some heat in, but also trying to keep wildlife out! Every morning about 7000 more spiders have decided my garage will be their new home....

My initial thought was to fill the gaps with somekind of weatherproof sealant, but wanted to check here to see if anyone had any better ideas!

Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_20190909_122056.jpg
    IMG_20190909_122056.jpg
    184.7 KB · Views: 1,368
  • IMG_20190909_122107.jpg
    IMG_20190909_122107.jpg
    168.6 KB · Views: 1,010
  • IMG_20190909_122114.jpg
    IMG_20190909_122114.jpg
    146.3 KB · Views: 1,215
Sponsored Links
Very careful application of expanding foam may work
You'd need to apply it slowly to avoid huge blobs expanding where you don't want it

Very careful application of expanding foam may work
You'd need to apply it slowly to avoid huge blobs expanding where you don't want it
Now that could make an entertaining video for youtube don't worry it won't expand much!;););)

Sponsored Links
Yeah I'd put some expanding foam in there. As mentioned use only a very small amount as it keeps growing for quite a while after the initial expansion from the can.
Any excess, drips etc are easier to just snap off when dry rather than touching them when wet as its super sticky and makes a real mess!

Awesome, great suggestions chaps!

I did consider expanding foam but thought it would expand too much because the area isnt enclosed at all. Good to know it can be used carefully too.

Maybe I'll practice somewhere else before I accidentally fill up my garage with foam ;)

Once cured any excess foam is easily removed though won’t make the garage any warmer unless you heat it .

Last edited:
Foam is great if you have a hole to fill on a flat wall you can cut it neatly flush, working around the valleys on a roof or other odd shapes might be another matter, still it will certainly seal the gaps up well.

I'm sure I've seen profiled sponge strips for this shape. Much better than fiddling with expanding foam. Simply push into the gaps.
You may find it easier to slacken off the retaining bolts so you can raise the roof panels a bit, slide the profile in so it is the mirror image of the present profie, then re-tighten the bolts so it squashes the foam against the present profile and closes the gaps. For the gable ends simply get flat profiled sponge thick enough to fill the gap and squash down.

As for the wildlife. The only way to stop them is to hermetically seal the whole garage. Not a practical solution but closing as many gaps as possible should certainly reduce the number coming in.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back