Sealing External Brickwork

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The weather is nice and people are getting outside of their houses painted!

I want to seal my brickwork and I have decided that one the following two products are suitable

Waterseal or Feb Silicon

I have read the technical data but I really do not know when to use the Feb Silicon. It is much more expensive then the waterseal

Can anyone confirm what the Feb Silicon is used for and how it is different to the water seal?

http://www.toolstation.com/shop/Painting+Decorating/Emulsion+Gloss+Paint/d150/sd3173

Sponsored Links
The weather is nice and people are getting outside of their houses painted!

I want to seal my brickwork and I have decided that one the following two products are suitable

Waterseal or Feb Silicon

I have read the technical data but I really do not know when to use the Feb Silicon. It is much more expensive then the waterseal

Can anyone confirm what the Feb Silicon is used for and how it is different to the water seal?

http://www.toolstation.com/shop/Painting+Decorating/Emulsion+Gloss+Paint/d150/sd3173[/QUOTE]

anyone can help?

I'm no expert but this doesn't sound like a good idea to me. The walls need to breathe so that damp doesn't get trapped in.

I'm no expert but this doesn't sound like a good idea to me. The walls need to breathe so that damp doesn't get trapped in.
Correct. Bad idea. The blurb on silcone sealants will tell you they are breathable but however breathable they are it won't be as breathable as when it's not there. Sealants merely trap moisture within the wall and make things worse.

Sponsored Links
Are you painting the wall or just trying to seal it?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back