Sealing garage roof

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Need some advice please - have a damp problem inside garage converted into playroom / workspace by previous owners. Damp patches appear at bottom of far side walls and pulling back the paper the walls can be damp to the touch after heavy rains.

I think the problem is where the water is coming in via the roof. Roof is made from (I think) hardened asbestos. There seems to be a large gap running between the garage frame and the roof which sits upon it - see picture attached:

I would like to seal this but not sure how? Could I just buy a large quantity of sealant and apply with usual syringe thing? Obviously want to get this sorted before autumn / winter!

Don't think the water is coming in from anywhere else as there is a structure build onto the end of the garage (underneath the plastic sheet roofing you see in the picture) which always remains dry.

Thanks for any advice.

Sponsored Links
Looks like the top of the gable has moved out at some point, run some 9" sheet lead down the roof over the profile draped down the wall.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back