sealing gas hob

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Do you seal a gas hob to worktop same as a sink/ I've been advised not to use sealent? I take it because the heat from hob will burn/melt seal or something?

Sponsored Links
did you not get any sealing strips (look like blu-tac) with the hob?

Sponsored Links
Some hobs come with the self adhesive foam already in place and all you have to do is remove the white paper that is placed over them. Once thee clips are secured this is enough to seal them in place.

I used silicone on the gaps of my hob and its been fine, i dont think there are any gas regs on the sealing of a gas hob......unless your using explosive putty or peanut butter

Im sure the seal's more about sealing the salvage edge of chipboard rather than reducing heat transfer.

You aren't supposed to use a sealant like silicone because "the hob then might not come out for servicing". Can't say I've ever taken a hob out for servicing but unless you went berserk with the stuff I'd have thought a Stanley knife would sort it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back