Sealing oil leak

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi i have a leak on my oil line supply to my boiler. There is a small leak coming from a fitting on the oil supply line before the boiler is there away of sealing this leak without taking apart and replacing stuff. I hear that ROCOL OIL seal is good would this seal this kind of leak, or is this just a compound to put on olives? Cheers

Sponsored Links
Split the fitting, apply a compound called 'Heldite' (best for oil in my opinion), wrap some ptfe tape around the olive, more Heldite and couple back up. John :)

Yea ill think ill cut the pipe before the fitting and do away with the fitting and flex oil line cause it all looks nackered so ill think ill renew the lot. What size does the oil pipe usally be for the oil line in a domestic house just so i know for fitting ect?

It depends on the size of the boiler and the distance the oil has to travel....both 10mm and 15mm plastic coated copper sizes are available.
John :)

Sponsored Links
Thanks the boiler is very near the tank and the boiler is firebird 90. i see thats there is 10mm and 15mm available in coated copper and 8mm without coating. I taught 12mm was available aswell is it not?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back