Sealing old gulley that now lies in new kitchen extension

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Chaps,
Two question I would be grateful for your help with.
We've built a new extension and moved the kitchen into it. The sink waste now goes to a new gulley created just outside the house. However, the old gulley still lies inside the extension. I have now removed the old gulley and am left with just a clay pipe. How do I go about sealing this. Someone said I need to bung it. Whats the correct process for this.

Also, Just before I go ahead and seal it, originally I was going to keep it and feed my washing machine into it and use a dirgo valve but I don't fancy the idea of a shared sewage terminating in the kitchen. whats your opinions. Whats the standard practice

TIA

Sponsored Links
Bung it with newspaper and then concrete it over to stop any smells coming back. :D

I use a drain test plug as thats quicker and looks more professional and I dont have to bother mixing concrete. I can always remove it afterwards if I want to use the pipe again.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Thanks Guys,

Bahco.
How thick should the concrete be. So I know how far to push it down the pipe

Agile
How permonant is the drain test plug. Is it likely to come away in the future. Does it stop the Smell Affectively

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back