sealing plywood before papering

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. I have built some fitted wardrobes. the doors are plywood hung from a sliding rail mechanism. I have a wall mural which comes in cut sections which I intend to fix to the doors to make a complete picture. I have sanded the plywood flat and wondered whether there is a specific sealer I should use before putting up the paper and if there is a specific adhesive I should then use to fix the paper to get the best results. Any advice would be gladly received.

Sponsored Links
Hi. I have built some fitted wardrobes. the doors are plywood hung from a sliding rail mechanism. I have a wall mural which comes in cut sections which I intend to fix to the doors to make a complete picture. I have sanded the plywood flat and wondered whether there is a specific sealer I should use before putting up the paper and if there is a specific adhesive I should then use to fix the paper to get the best results. Any advice would be gladly received.

I have successfully applied Wallrock Premium lining paper to plywood which had previously held some other wallpaper paste, plus my own treatment of dilute PVA. I used the Wallrock "power adhesive" or whatever they call it.

Probably not directly relevant to your situation, but might give you some ideas. I've put that paper on all kinds of different surfaces now and my general feeling is that so long as the paste isn't drying too quickly then it'll be alright. But time will tell.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back