Sealing the ceiling

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I want to reduce condensation in the attic and therefore cut off the supply of moist air as much as possible.

I have lights that are flush to the ceiling, some radiator pipes going up through external trunking, and in the boiler cupboard a load of pipes just punched through the plaster with big holes around them.

I'm thinking to use CT1 to seal holes. Is it best to do this from the attic side or the ceiling side? Also, any suggestions for the boiler cupboard ceiling with the bigger holes? Hard to put a board up as there are quite a few pipes in different positions. How about foil tape around them plus some sealant?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Drill 15mm or 22mm in some plasterboard. Buy a small handiboard from DIY as you won't want much.
Cut through hole to make 2 halves
Mix up some filler and stick the plasterboard bits around pipes from loft side with the filler. Just blob them on.
When dry fill around holes from the cupboard side.
Maybe get some 15mm and 22mm plaster pipe collers to slide up tight to ceiling. They fit air tight. Stick collers with something like stixall polymer as you can emulsion over polymer but not products like silicone

Sponsored Links
Drill 15mm or 22mm in some plasterboard. Buy a small handiboard from DIY as you won't want much.
Cut through hole to make 2 halves
Mix up some filler and stick the plasterboard bits around pipes from loft side with the filler. Just blob them on.
When dry fill around holes from the cupboard side.
Maybe get some 15mm and 22mm plaster pipe collers to slide up tight to ceiling. They fit air tight. Stick collers with something like stixall polymer as you can emulsion over polymer but not products like silicone
Good ideas, thanks mate.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back