Ducting Cooker Hood Through Ceiling

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I am in the process of fitting some ducting from the cooker hood (chimney type) through the kitchen ceiling and then under and then through the upstairs floor void to the outside wall. The total length of the ducting is about 2.5m. For the ducting itself I have got some Manrose 125mm semi rigid aluminium ducting (the concertina type that you stretch out) and a plastic 90 degree bend for where it goes through the ceiling.

What I wanted to know was what should I do to the hole in the kitchen ceiling where the pipe goes through. Should I just cut the hole the same size as the aluminium pipe or should I cut the hole larger and then pack something around the pipe where it goes through the hole to stop any vibration resonating through the plasterboard of the ceiling and also to stop any movement of the pipe damaging the plasterboard around the hole.

Any advice welcome

Thanks

Sponsored Links
I wouldn't have thought vibration resonance will be much of a problem. Cut the hole as snug as you like but allow for fitting, then seal with a cartridge type sealant.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back