Sealing Twinwall Duct

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, currently just about to lay a concrete slab for our double garage project that will double as an office space. I want to run 3 twin wall ducts from the house to the garage and just want to know the best way of installing these.

Was thinking dig a trench 600mm deep from against the house into where the concrete slab will be laid. I would then knock a brick or 2 out from as low down as possible on the house wall (we have a cellar) and bring the duct straight into the house through this gap. I'd then seal round the ducts with mortar.

At the concrete slab end, is it acceptable to have these run under the slab and come up through the slab so that they are against the wall when the garage is build. Would I then cut these flush with the concrete slab inside the garage with the cables going straight into 25mm pvc conduit. I want this to look a super clean install. How would I fill the 50mm holes where the duct comes into the slab, can these just be filled with mortar or expanding foam, how does the professionals do this aspect.

1 is for a 6mm armoured cable (if i run the duct and take pics as I go will an electrician happily pull his cable through my ducting)

1 is for cat6 cable for CCTV, Computers, Phones & Doorbell coms

The third will be used for an outside tap mdpe pipe, this will come up on the outside wall of the garage. Is it ok to have an outside tap feed come directly from the ground to the tap or should it go into the garage and then come back out the garage.

This is the ducting I plan on using for reference.

http://www.draindepot.co.uk/63mm-x-50m-purple-twinwall-communication-cable-duct.html

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Especially if it is purple communications duct. If you want shorter lengths of black etc. look on ebay as many people buy 50m length use only a bit then sell the rest.

Sponsored Links
I'll maybe give the spark a call tomorrow and see what he thinks is best just didn't want to have to pay for him to come and lay the armoured and then again for him to do the second fix, The other option is leaving the trench open so he can see how deep its been dug and it'll just disappear up into the slab for a short section he cant see. That site has black duct aswell, so might just go for a roll of the black, I need about 12m for each run so am as well buying a full roll of whatever colour i choose.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back