Sealing window still

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a window where the seal between the window sill and the window and the walls has worn away so there is a visible gap between the window sill and the window. Its a uPVC type of window so the window sill is plastic.

To remove the old sealent without damaging the window or the window sill, would it be best to use something such as UniBond Silicone Sealant Remover instead of just scraping it away with a metal scraper?

Also, what would be the best sealer to use for this?

Thanks for any advice.

Sponsored Links
Sealant remover or just scrape. What ever works best. Masking tape either side and the correct silicone for upvc run along joint or polymer mastic if you plan to paint over. loads of ways to apply silicone so look up and pick one

I watched a tutorial on YouTube where someone showed that he uses his finger to smooth the sealent after applying it. Is that advisable?

Sponsored Links
So many ways to do it. Silicone I like to use rubber tool. Caulk I use finger

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back