Sealing with Crown Basecoat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We've just had a bit of plastering done, and the plasterer recommnded that when it is dry to seal it using a 50/50 mixture of water and emulsion. I think this is pretty standard practice.

We have a tin of Crown Basecoat lying around, can we use this, or is it a "special" kind of paint because it is basecoat?

Sponsored Links
Phew.

Thank God you sent your message before doing anything.

We've just had a bit of plastering done, and the plasterer recommnded that when it is dry to seal it using a 50/50 mixture of water and emulsion. I think this is pretty standard practice.
That sentence has many dangers lurking in it !

Is the full room re-plastered ?

What thickness is the plaster that has been applied ?

What room has been plastered ?

Has the full room been plastered or just patches ?

Sorry, should have given you a bit more info :oops:

We built a fake chimney breast from plasterboard. It's in the living room, and tt's about 1800mm*2300mm on the "front" and has a depth of about 170mm. So not a very big area really.

I wasn't home when the plasterer was there, but the wife says he gave it "two coats". I can have a look tonight, but I don't reckon it was too thick because the surface was smooth that he was applying it too.

Sponsored Links
Ok.

If you are refering only to the new plaster, then buy Dulux Trade Vinyl Matt.

Follow instructions on this paint.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back