Searching for doors?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am currently adding a Conservatory to the rear of my house. I have some old french doors with a window on each side. These need to be replaced as they are rotten. My idea was to take out the doors and windows and install some folding doors which allow me to open up to the full width. the opening is about 3.15 metres.

The problem I have is I cannot seem to find anyone who makes the doors or can provide suitable mounting hardware for the doors to run in.

Can anyone help?

Phil

Sponsored Links
You should be able to get the doors made at a local joinery firm - they may also be able to source the hardware. If not a good builders merchant or a proper ironmongers should have contacts for this kind of thing. This is the kind of stuff the DIY sheds never have.
Try Google and enter door hardware or similar and you may come up with something there.

Have you checked with building regs? I'm sure that a conservatory door (betwen house and connie) is classed as an external door and should be to those reqs. Also, it may effect your household insurance if the doors you fit dont meet their specs either.

sorry to be a kill joy.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back