Second hand boiler

Sponsored Links
The idea of a second hand one seems plausible as many houses decide to get rid of them when redecorating but I agree that 4 or 5K seems excessive for a combi boiler ( i had two quotes around the same price in Southampton). I will get a different quote for a combi boiler and see what happen.

Thanks for all the useful comments and advice.

As well as repairing boilers we are experienced with using crystal balls to get details of heating installations.

I once amused a poster here by asking about his cat which had recently been sick!

You need a quote from Kevin who works in your city and used to post here sometimes.

Tony

What is an 'Excel' VC? Obviously not an 'Excell'. Is it another Vision/Compact?

Plumb Centre made a special purchase of these, many thousands. It is a Compact A but sold under the Excel name only by Plumb Centre. They got it at a really low price and sell it as a special offer. Two year warranty no filling loop but PC sell it I'm told incl flue and prog at that price though whether it is our prog RF rs/timer I don't know. Bonkers price, far too low.

I also would like to know how the boiler type was mentioned by a poster.

Sponsored Links
It is a Compact A but sold under the Excel name only by Plumb Centre. They got it at a really low price and sell it as a special offer. Two year warranty no filling loop but PC sell it I'm told incl flue and prog at that price though whether it is our prog RF rs/timer I don't know. Bonkers price, far too low.

Have a few of these type installed now. They're OK, HW delivery is very good, with enough mains, especially on the 29. However I think the price is about right. Heatlines are cheaper and I would argue their components are dearer (apart from the pump), though they probably buy them well.

I don't look forward to cleaning the combustion chambers out, not sure if a brush will fit down all the gaps.

PS. Don't seem to be able to use a 240V external controls on the combi as you can on the system boiler.

It is a Compact A but sold under the Excel name only by Plumb Centre. They got it at a really low price and sell it as a special offer. Two year warranty no filling loop but PC sell it I'm told incl flue and prog at that price though whether it is our prog RF rs/timer I don't know. Bonkers price, far too low.

Have a few of these type installed now. They're OK, HW delivery is very good, with enough mains, especially on the 29. However I think the price is about right. Heatlines are cheaper and I would argue their components are dearer (apart from the pump), though they probably buy them well.

I don't look forward to cleaning the combustion chambers out, not sure if a brush will fit down all the gaps.

PS. Don't seem to be able to use a 240V external controls on the combi as you can on the system boiler.

The Excel comes with the Tyco lead for our RF stat. All the switching is 24V but we put the relay into the system Vision, if that's the one you are thinking of, because guys need to use a Y plan which is 240V or they run the end switches from a S plan @ 24V alongside the 240V power from the A/C to the boiler, sometimes in the same cable. There is enough induction from the 240 to the 24V cores to keep the boiler on hence the relay (which is handy for other stuff).

Cleaning is easy if you have the cleaning kit which they haven't brought into the country yet as it's anticipated being needed after 5 years (I think that's wrong BTW) and the boilers only been out 4.

Kit is alkaline detergent and brushes. Boiler's supposed to tell you when it needs a clean after 2500 hours in condensing mode. Still runs OK but alarm is shown.

Cleaning is easy if you have the cleaning kit which they haven't brought into the country yet as it's anticipated being needed after 5 years (I think that's wrong BTW)

It should be out in time then. I insist on full services only and let the customer choose every year or every couple.

Cleaning is easy if you have the cleaning kit which they haven't brought into the country yet as it's anticipated being needed after 5 years (I think that's wrong BTW)

It should be out in time then. I insist on full services only and let the customer choose every year or every couple.

If you're inclined ring tech and ask when they intend to bring it out and how much or name an alternative cleaning agent. :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back