Secondary Glazing / Mould Problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have had secondary glazing units (Slimline Lift Out System) fitted to my existing steel framed single glazed windows. The windows are very old circa 1832 and the openers aren't particulary well sealed. Some of my windows have no openings at all and none have vents.

Over time mould starts to develop on the inside of the steel frame windows (within the cavity). This only occurs on the windows with no openings or vents.

Does anybody have any ideas however to remove the mould once and for all or am I sentenced to a lifetime of bi-annually cleaning the window frames with bleach? :confused:

Sponsored Links
Thanks Crank39,

I read through the document which suggested drilling breather holes in the primary frame, unfortunately my window frames are steel with no accommodating places for holes nor would I really want to do this i.e. water ingress = corrosion.

Any other suggestions?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back