secondhand laptops

cheers thanks for that nik i think im going for the dell option an amd of some kind the new ones with xp are going rather cheap on ebay.

Sponsored Links
i usually stay away from here....but

IMHO.....the pros to a laptop are...it's portable....easily

cons:..expensive to repair....if one thing goes wrong, you can bet that it's the most expensive thing on it. You can't just swap a keyboard out.....everything is kept in a tiny lil space. I would have another one....but if I do get another...it will be a desktop...and not a mac...although if you know what you are doing...they are considered to be brilliant. (by those brilliant mac owners) ;)

mlb3c said:
cons:....You can't just swap a keyboard out.....
Er, yes you can - it's easy on all but a very few laptops.

The main point against laptops, IMO, is if you use if a lot then it's ergonomically very bad for your neck and/or shoulders (depending on what height you have it).

Softus said:
mlb3c said:
cons:....You can't just swap a keyboard out.....
Er, yes you can - it's easy on all but a very few laptops.

The main point against laptops, IMO, is if you use if a lot then it's ergonomically very bad for your neck and/or shoulders (depending on what height you have it).

such is life....another con for a mac...you cant switch out the keyboards.....and for what you spend on them...you cant afford a chiropractor either....after awhile the popping in your neck gets to be like anything else you suffer with...you live with it...till it kills ya :LOL:

Sponsored Links
mlb3c said:
after awhile the popping in your neck gets to be like anything else you suffer with...you live with it...till it kills ya :LOL:
Or you get a divorce ;)

i thought that perhaps a laptop might save me from divorce lol as im told i spend to much time on the desktop

suffolklad said:
i thought that perhaps a laptop might save me from divorce lol as im told i spend to much time on the desktop

you can take it anywhere.....especially if you have wireless!!

but then again, your better half might have a dim view of this ;)

Back