Secure front + back door

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi any 1 advise what the most secure door is ?

Upvc or wood ?

I presume wood , and what locks are best I have read up about thieves using mole grips and snapping the barrel

Currently gettin all new upvc windows and doors at the same time so would like advise on doors please ?

Any links and pictures please ?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
hardwood door, hardwood frame, BS 5-lever mortice lock plus BS deadlocking nightlatch.

neither of these locks will have a Eurocylinder, and the 5-lever cannot be bumped. If you can afford the (formerly Chubb) Union 4L67E nightlatch, that can't be bumped either, and is practically unpickable (not that anyone would try)

If you can afford Ingersoll London Line, you can have a mortice deadlock and a nightlatch suited to the same key, I dont know of anything better.

The back door only needs a mortice sashlock, BS 5 lever, and rack bolts top and bottom.

Any glazing in or around the door, 7mm laminated with glazing tape in the rebate

letterbox preferably not in the door, but to the hinge side, as far from the locks as possible.

Although it will be far better, it might end up no dearer than a plastic door.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back