Securing garden bench

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

I am looking to put a bench in our garden - it is a curved steel based thing with two legs. The base of the legs is 18cm diameter with two pre drilled holes for securing into some form of concrete

My question is - what depth/ size of concrete / postcrete should i be looking at laying and would i be better drilling bolts into said foundation or inserting a threaded rod whilst wet?

If drilling is the prefered what dimension base should i be looking at to prevent the found cracking?

Cheers

Sponsored Links
a threaded rod whilst wet is my suggestion,

Also put a nut on the rod that is in the concrete to make it impossible to pull the rod out of the concrete.

Make a template out of thick timber to hold the rods exactly as they need to be when the bench is fitted. Fit the rods to the template, locate the template in place and then pour the concrete

Thanks for thise replies

Heres a pic of the
IMG_20230813_120833.jpg
bench

Sponsored Links
How do you plan on finishing the floor in the area? Paving? I'd be inclined to have something like a 300x300x150mmdeep block of concrete under each leg and bolt into that, the bolts going through the paving slabs if that's what finish you'l have, or even better one slab of concrete that strecthes from one leg to the other, say 100mm thick.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back