Securing Wago connectors in Junction Box

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
For an accessible installation, do I need to secure the Wago connectors in the junction box?

I would use the wagoboxes with their internal slots but I can’t use conduit with these as there are no knockouts.

I’m planning to use Schneider boxes with Wago 773-173 connectors inside (but not secured inside), but they will be accessible for maintenance.

Also, does anyone know the current rating for the Schneider boxes?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
For an accessible installation, do I need to secure the Wago connectors in the junction box?
If the connections are to be 'accessible', the Wagos can be any sort of enclosure that takes your fancy - but you do need some sort of 'cable restraint' (clamps, clips etc.) to reduce the theoretical risk of conductors being 'yanked out' of the Wagos (not that that it at all easy ;) ).

Kind Regards, John

Thanks John, do you specifically mean clamped or clipped within the box or will outside do? Everything will be in 20mm conduit and the conduit will be clamped. The box itself will be mounted to a surface so once the box is closed there should be no way of yanking the cable at all, despite the connections being ‘free’ within the box. If I do need to secure within the box, what would you use?

Thanks John, do you specifically mean clamped or clipped within the box or will outside do? Everything will be in 20mm conduit and the conduit will be clamped. The box itself will be mounted to a surface so once the box is closed there should be no way of yanking the cable at all, despite the connections being ‘free’ within the box. If I do need to secure within the box, what would you use?
OK, if the cables will be totally within conduit, then there's nothing that needs to be done.

More generally (i.e. without conduit), there is no compulsion for the cable restraint to be within the enclosure - so if both enclosure and cables (external to the enclosure) were both 'fixed to things', such that there could be no relative movement between cable and enclosure, then that would be fine.

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links
No, it sounds like you have got strain relief covered, there is no need to do another other with the wagos inside (other than dress the cores in nicely, so that the next person can see what goes to what easily)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back