Securing Wood French Doors

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good Afternoon

Just signed up to this forum as I am in need of some expert know how I've moved into a rented property which has a wooden conservatory at the rear, unfortunately the french doors don't look at that secure. They have small square glass windows from top to bottom and its a simple job of just smashing them in to get to the basic Yale lock on the inside and 2 small bolts top/bottom with the bottom having some locks that require it's own key like the one to get into the outside gas meter which don't work.

I want to secure them better they are too thing to put a put in a traditional handle lock and key system, the doors don't flush well but can be closed if you close one side slightly before the other which isn't an issue. What kind of locks would be the best or whats the best ides to improve security.

The doors are like below maybe smaller glass windows..

Sponsored Links
If it is rented then I suggest that you get the landlord to do any works required or at the very least get it in writing that you can make changes

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back