Lock hidden in UPVC French doors

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

Hoping someone can help.

Just got the keys to our house but there is only a front door key!

Ive managed to unlock the back door and both french doors and change the lock cylinders in the back and one of the french doors.

However the other french door has a central frame/pillar that is attached to the door and hides the bolt that secures the lock, so i cant change it!

Ive removed all fixtures from the frame/pillar in the hope it was screwed to the door but it doesnt seem to be the case :(

Any advice on how it could be attached or best way to remove so i can remove the bolt and change the lock cylinder?

Thanks Neil

Sponsored Links
It will be behind the flying mullion, if its still held on with the screws out it'll be clipped onto some ali brackets which in turn are clipped onto the door section, get a putty knife or wide scraper and just gently ease it off, start at the end and work along

Sponsored Links
That's great thanks, ill have to go home pick up my tools, all I have out here is a screwdriver and mole grips lol.

Here a couple of pics for reference

#EDIT#
All sorted, I went for a drilling the frame to access the screw as advised by a locksmith.
Inspecting the Flying Mullion revealed it was screwed on from the inside out meaning i would have had to remove the glass panel and try to access the screws inside the frame.

IMAG1036.jpg

IMAG1038.jpg

IMAG1040.jpg

Thanks
Neil

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back