Security Shield virus

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, my machine has picked up the self downloading virus/malware Security Shield. I've ran various cleaning/killing programs inc SpyBot, MalwareBytes, SuperAntiSpyware & Windows Defender and although i think some or most of the virus has been cleared it is obvious some is still hanging around on the machine.

Randon internet pages open up while on the net and the machine is generally slower than before with the fan working more often.

Can anyone point me in the direction of somthing that can really clean away the Security Shield rubbish once and for all?

I'm using XP Pro on an Acer Extensa 5620 laptop.

Sponsored Links
Do a google search for Security Shield 2011 virus and it comes up with loads of results about removing it from your system. ;)

Thanks joinerjohn ;) i have actually done that already....the trouble is, do i follow a random goggle link someone has put up in the hope it works, only to find it make it worse....?

The reason i asked the question here is that i trust the info i've had on DIYnot in the past and kinda think most people here are going to be decent and not advise a link that makes matters worse.....i'm hoping someone has had the same trouble before and found a way of removing it completely..

Hope that makes sense and readers note i'm not being lazy and can do goggle searches myself....but as said, which of the 1000 links works....????

Sponsored Links
Thanks Igorian, i did as you suggested and think it is better, but there are still some random web pages opening up....i'm guessing the Security Shield rubbish has gone but maybe some kind of code left hiding somewhere opening pages when it feels like it.

Back