Security sheild virus??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I recently had a popup called security shield telling me i have a virus do i want to remove it, i had this on my other pc about a year ago and cant remember how i got rid of it, so this time i immediately closed down my laptop and when i restarted it used Malwarebytes which found 4 trojans and removed, i am now wondering if my laptop is ok now or still infected??

Sponsored Links
I recently had a popup called security shield telling me i have a virus do i want to remove it, i had this on my other pc about a year ago and cant remember how i got rid of it, so this time i immediately closed down my laptop and when i restarted it used Malwarebytes which found 4 trojans and removed, i am now wondering if my laptop is ok now or still infected??

Only way you can be 100% certain you have removed all traces of a virus is to re-install windows. You would be surprised the amount of people who download useless utility after useless utility thinking its going to wave a magic wand and fix any issues!!

Don't take it to a PC shop, do it yourself!! Anyone with 2 brain cells can install an OS!! Fact!!

before you start trying to remove the problem, verify that you do indeed have a problem. If not, don't waste your time trying to remove it.

what internet security package are you using, and is it up to date?

Sponsored Links
before you start trying to remove the problem, verify that you do indeed have a problem. If not, don't waste your time trying to remove it.

what internet security package are you using, and is it up to date?

Microsoft security essentials, and Malwarebytes.

Microsoft Security Essentials is pretty good. Do an update and a full scan, see if it finds anything.

Back