Sedum roof.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all.

I’m wanting to put a sedum roof on a newly build workshop, it’s a flat roof 10m2 so not massive.

has anyone done a sedum roof before, where did you buy it from? I’m getting prices of £700+ which I personally think is ludicrous!!

Sponsored Links
I think they have to have a special strengthening and waterproofing right? So is 700 including that? I guess it's just for the plants perhaps?
If so maybe this is simplistic but can you just get some sand and a bit of soil and mix them up and lay it, then get a few small plants and let them spread over time?
Sedum is the latest fashion so you probably pay a premium for a ready made, premium guaranteed solution, which you might not need

Hey John.

No waterproofing included. As it’s a new build I’ve put a EPDM roof down so it’s water tight. The sedum is purely for aesthetics but would still like to do it. I’m not too sure on growing my own, there seams to be a knack to it from what I’ve been reading.

I double checked my quote last night and delivery is £140 nearly fell off my chair!!

Can you just get some random succulents from b&q or even IKEA? Maybe there is a knack but we put in a couple and they took over the front garden!

Sponsored Links
Hi all.

I’m wanting to put a sedum roof on a newly build workshop, it’s a flat roof 10m2 so not massive.

has anyone done a sedum roof before, where did you buy it from? I’m getting prices of £700+ which I personally think is ludicrous!!
Hi. Did you ever find a reasonable supplier? I'm trying to cover a bin storage which is 1m2 and the delivery charge, as you've said, are about £80+!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back