Seeing faces

Ice cream.
IMG_20230804_001423_HDR.jpg

Hippo in a stain on the hob.
IMG_20230814_140550_HDR.jpg

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Going slightly off topic...

I was listening to an episode of The Curious Cases of Rutherford and Fry (available on BBC Sounds).

They had an episode about people that cannot mentally visualise people that they know. A 40+ year old mother recounted a phone conversation with her daughter during the lockdown- the daughter mentioned that she was mentally picturing her mother- the mother didn't realise that it was actually possible to do such a thing.

It is known as aphantasia. It is estimated that it affects less than 5% of the population.

BTW The Curious Cases of Rutherford and Fry is worthwhile checking out if you are interested in Life, the Universe and Everything.

Going slightly off topic...

I was listening to an episode of The Curious Cases of Rutherford and Fry (available on BBC Sounds).

They had an episode about people that cannot mentally visualise people that they know. A 40+ year old mother recounted a phone conversation with her daughter during the lockdown- the daughter mentioned that she was mentally picturing her mother- the mother didn't realise that it was actually possible to do such a thing.

It is known as aphantasia. It is estimated that it affects less than 5% of the population.

BTW The Curious Cases of Rutherford and Fry is worthwhile checking out if you are interested in Life, the Universe and Everything.

I too am a regular R and F listener, and heard the episode that you refer to.

I didn't realise it, but I think I must have a large degree of this condition.

It makes a lot of sense, as I've never really believed that anyone could describe a suspect to such a level of accuracy, that a photofit / artist's impression would bear any resemblance to the actual person.

Back