Seeing faces

Sponsored Links
The reason I asked is because there's so many idiots about, that might think it's funny to mess about with matches. Years ago I read that this chap recommended a fairly simple chemical solutio that was supposed to be safe and worked well,

Yes there are idiots and arson is a small risk to all properties, thatched and non thatched. Precautions to reduce the risk are things like no wheelie bins under the thatch, no lights within a metre from the thatch and no cables in the roof space.. The insurance premiums are the worst thing about having a thatched roof.

Not a face, but mildly amusing, if like me you have a childish SOH.
IMG_20180518_014929.jpg

Sponsored Links
Have you fire proofed your thatch ? It's a serious question

By chance the thatcher was here yesterday so I asked again about fire proofing,

Spraying with fire retardant would only protect against surface ignition. Less than 1 in ten thatch fires are surface ignition, most are from an ignition source under the thatch in the loft space or by contact with an overheating chimney.

The effect on the straw by fire retardants is not fully understood.

Cool, they are tiles from a place in Bolton , not yet grouted because we can't decide between light or dark.

I posted a pic of a carrot which looked slightly rude on my facebook page. My mate from NZ followed up with a much better collection... Top middle - best I've seen!

38864849_10156520959724929_7085978843286077440_n.jpg

I was happy with my Mr Mole carrot from last year's garden veggies though :)

mole.jpg

Sponsored Links
Back