Seen these rose seeds on ebay

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Sponsored Links
:LOL: Never is the correct answer. Although that listing says they're coming from Grimsby, I'd bet my hat it's a Chinese seller. If you read the poorly-translated cultivation instructions all the way to the end, you'll see the part that says the rose is white and that you have to inject food dye to make the colours. Read how difficult that is here:

http://www.rainbowrosecompany.com/about-rainbow-roses/

Putting aside dyeing the flowers, you need to get the seeds to germinate and grow first and that's not easy. Roses are fickle things to grow from seed and the failure rate will be high.

If you want roses, get proper plants - places like pound shops, Lidl etc have reliable varieties very cheaply at the right time of year. They'll have a fighting chance of actually producing flowers and, what's more, they'll look like roses and not those vile gaudy things.

i seriously cannot believe that people think these multi coloured roses exist!

plant your seeds mate and if you have one flower that has even a hint of blue you'll be a multi millionaire i promise you!

like ceres said-go to your nearest nursery and buy a proper plant-even cheaper at the moment as you can pick them up bare root which will save you a few pounds in most cases.

"A quick question for you expert gardeners, how long is it likely to be until i get a rose like the 1 in the pic? "

I'm not a green thumb gardener but I have never ever seen these rainbow roses grown naturally using seeds. The petals are artificially colored.

Read more about rainbow roses here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rainbow_rose

Sponsored Links
never ever ever...well..unless youre a geneticist and produce a gmo rose. people have been trying to breed a blue rose since they first discover that there isnt a blue rose!

these magic seeds are pretty much the same as those that were swapped with jack for his cow.

that wiki link is complete bull poo! submitted by someone who sells rose seeds on ebay to the unwitting..

go look at roses on david austin or peter beale websites and tell me if you can find anything remotely like a 7 coloured rose or a blue rose and i"ll eat my hat.

most bizarre coloration of a rose you can get are the striped kinds, look at cultivars like harry wheatstock or scentimental for example.

Thanks for the reply's guys, I didn't didn't read the advert fully. Sorry about the late reply

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back