seized reillo motor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just had a look at an riello oil burner for a friend that was locking out, i pressed the reset button on burner and noting happened (motor did not spin) so i changed capacitor still no joy. I then suspected oil pump or motor was seized so i removed oil pump and pump shaft spined freely no tight spots, fan impeller was also ok but when i went to spin motor it did spin but was VERY stiff, so found problem seized motor but as i removed motor to replace i noticed an orange substance in the motor where the oil pump shaft slots into and it was also on the oil pump shaft and pump coupling, so my question is does this lead me to suspecting that the oil tank is contaminated with water and it is getting into the fuel supply and there for seized the motor? and if so how does it get out of the pump and into motor, there for ruining the motor taught the pump would be sealed? Thanks for reading men

Sponsored Links
The only way it can get into the motor is thru the oil pump shaft seal leaking.
If so you might want to check pump,basically it could also be condensation if boiler has been out of action for some time.

Also check tank and filters for water contamination.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back