selecting consumer units

fwl-engineer

the rcd in our get board is definately 3 modules wide
and it's definately single phase

Sponsored Links
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think GET are alone in this feat.

In which case, we need not worry about rcd's being 3 modules wide cos GET are the only ones and they are fixed into the unit (as opposed to units like MK's where you can choose what goes where....)

Whoops. I think GET's configuration is flexible.

Grovelling apologies with free boot shine courtesy of tongue if this is the case.

Travelling expenses not included in this offer.

and i'm sure in an old mk catalogue i saw some of the higher current mk single phase rcds were 4 module (don't think they are anymore though)

two terminals middle top and two terminals outboard bottom iirc

Sponsored Links
No, all Mk's DP RCD's are 2 module.

BUT, they make 4 pole RCD's that are 4 mods.

Never bought a GET RCD so cannot comment on that...I only buy quality gear :D

Regarding MK..they used to make a double pole MCB that had a RCD attatchment on it..to make it an RCBO in effect. This made it three poles, but they have not made them for many years, although it is possible to come across them in use.

securespark said:
No, all Mk's DP RCD's are 2 module.

BUT, they make 4 pole RCD's that are 4 mods.

currently yes

but i am positive i remember seeing a 2 pole 4 module rcd in an old MK catalogue

An RCBO combines the overload/short circuit protection that an mcb gives with rcd protection.

It is used in boards that have a normal incomer where individual rcd protection is required.

IE If you have each circuit that requires rcd protection covered by an rcbo, then in the event of a fault, only that circuit will fail, whereas with a s/l board, all the protected circuits will fail.

Still used? Very much current, mate.

I'm having serious doubts about your course tutor.

Why do you have to turn to a DIY site for answers to these questions?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back