self amalgamating tape?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is self amalgamating tape really as good as many satellite installers say? I only ask as it has been suggested that a socket can be added to the ring final (not main as I recently discovered on here :) ) crimped then coated in said tape. Once this is 'set' it can be safely plastered into the wall, obviously within safe zones etc.

Thanks

Matt

Sponsored Links
Self amalgamating tape bonds to itself forming a waterproof seal, this does take time to bond though. Personally I use heat shrink sleeving as it is instant for plastering over. If using oval trunking or capping to run cable in with SA tape on I wouldn't see it as a problem.

Its the bees knees, ALFA tape is also very good, but not available on a roll AFAIK, only ever used it once when I had no heat shrink in my bag.

Used it for lots of other things, even a leaking water pipe till the plumber came.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back