self build b@*£s up

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
my friend has made a mess already of his self build 2 car garage. He has laid the 4 inch floor slab within his 2 block high, cavity walls, ties, all subbase compacted below accordingly, footings dug out and laid etc. He built these walls according to what type of bond I am not sure. There were bits and chops and shims and all sorts in there - especially in the corners. Along come I at Groundfloor level and proceed to block on top of DPC/DPM, standard half block and making a neat closure under window positions etc. Me thinking that with pavenet outside and all relevant footings and retaining wall for pavement, effectively mean that bond below DPC is reinforced, never seen (well 6 inches below DPC to top of pavement but it's going to be plastered anyway, and doesn't matter as such, not relevant to bond above, which is structurally sound anyway.....the garage isn't going to slide off is it. However, now I'm worried about this bond....can anybody provide guidance?

Sponsored Links
:rolleyes: Why have you asked the same thing several times, one after the other :?:

Look @ the location.. :idea: Maybe he`s the only Bricky in the Village

Thanks Nige F....I see you've been thanked 13 times on this site so far. I am not a brickie, or a builder, just helping my father at his home with his shed so he can keep his things safe. Thanks anyway hope you treat everything you do with the same level of professionality.

Sponsored Links
I asked in as many ways as possible because I am not qualified or a professional and I wanted to get as much assistance as possible since I am keen to help my Father.....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back