self build b*&@s up.....please help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Project Garage/shed - 4inch cavity walls, with ties.

Friend works - foundations dug, 1st blocks laid with ties etc, subbase compacted, base poured(4 inches) to groundfloor height.

I get to work...DPM overlapped by DPC - above ground blockwork started - PROBLEM....

now at window height, realised that I have completely broken the bond that my friend has used below the DPC. Perps aligned on next course all over. Now then, it may not be a problem....my friend intends to lay foundation for pavement/slab externally, 6 inches below DPC. Hence the cavity wall below the DPC is for the most part....retained by the slab on the internal, and, the pavement, retaining on the external, can't go anywhere but 'cave in' on itself right???? Hence, above the DPC as always the building 'sits on itself effectively, isn't supported by the matter of dodgy bond below DPC, not sure if 'friend is friend' anymore. Please help experienced builders.....thoughts??

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back