outhouse build with cavity

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
HI all
I'm currently building a outhouse to use as a workshop gymn
I have laid 6 inch concrete trench foundations, with rebar added
I have currently laid concrete common for both leaves , 3 coarses high from foundations, and I have 3questions,if you could kindly answer any:
1.Do I need to fill this cavity with concrete? as I was thinking of putting my inner leaf dpc 3 coarses high level with concrete floor and its dpm and have read there needs to be 225mm( 3 coarses free of cavity below the dpc),

2. The outer leaf is currently only 1 brick above external floor level so I was going to add 1 more coarse until I lay a dpc for the outer leaf ( to obtain the recoomended 150mm above external floor level)
So to elaborate the inner leaf dpc is at 3 coarses high, and the outer leaf dpc is 4 coarses high is this ok to do ? have the outer dpc 2 coarses higher than the inner leafs dpc?

3.what thickness eps polystyrene is sufficient for under a concrete slab floor
I currently have allowance for20mm to leave a 3inch concrete slab,is this sufficient?

Thanks for your time

Last edited:
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back