self build conservatory

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I am considering building my own conservatory and have been looking at the following company: http://www.ezebuilder.co.uk/page2.html
has anyone had any experience of the EZEbase system (a steel base instead of concrete) or conservatories and got any useful advice before i commit to buying one?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
You have to do a comparsion of the price of the metal frame against the concrete oversite method but the frame will be labour saving, not sure about the price of them though.

depending how its fixed the steel base might be easier to remove when you decide to pull it down and build a proper extension. ;)

Seriously - Is it a conservatory that needs building regs - if so get details of it to your BCO for approval

unless its over a certain size it wont need building regs

Sponsored Links
Mr Winston said:
Seriously - Is it a conservatory that needs building regs - if so get details of it to your BCO for approval

Thermo said:

now you all know why we have 11 :LOL:

Thermo said:

Unfortunately its not as easy as a size issue - thats only one of the considerations, several factors apply other than size

e.g if it has less than 75% glazed roof or less than 50% glazed walls itll need Building regs, or if its open to the house it will need them too, or if safety glass isnt used where it should itll need them, or if its not used as a conservatory it'll need them amongst others.

no its a bit of definition nightmare, dependent on councils, so i guess mod was right in his post! ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back