Self build extension - best information

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Some time this late spring/summer, I shall be attempting a single storey kitchen extension, approx 30m2. I am fairly handy, but have no experience of building. I'm aware of permitted development, building regs etc to a degree and where to find this info, but what I'm after is information on doing this kind of work - basically a guide.

Are there any books, sites, blogs that anyone knows of that show the stages of a simple extension that would give me some direction?

Sponsored Links
I went through this a few years ago doing my build. I couldn't find a good one stop guide just bits and pieces from all over. YouTube is very good. Worth reading the comments on any video to see any short comings too. Just need to get googling and ask on here for specific issues or to get feedback on your plans.

I too find youtube a good source of info, whilst taking into account there are pros and cowboys! I do appreciate that no 2 builds are the same and I also find bits of info from all over the place, but there must be some book or guide that covers the majority of scenarios mustn't there?

This site is great for info too, but more specific. I can imagine me asking some advice on my drainage and getting some cracking info, but to ask the question "how do I build my extension" is a bit much!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back