Self leveling with one deep divot

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
I am in the process of levelling a section (about 1m²) of my front room, I lifted the carpet and took down the stud wall that was put in after a chimney/fireplace were removed (and a steel put in to support the chimney upstairs). However it has left a nasty section of uneven floor where the fireplace was lifted and partly filled with concrete. This has left me with a couple of divots that are nearly 3cm deep (but only 1-2cm wide). The rest of the floor only needs 2mm depth max.
I would rather not buy a big bag of repair mortar as suggested in the self leveling how-to not because of the cost but because of the waste, I would only use a cup.
Is there any leveling compound that would be able to handle such a thickness

Sponsored Links
That's perfect! Thanks
In fact your suggestion nudged my memory and I found some in the shed that was there when we moved in 2 years ago. It feels powdery so I guess it is good.
However, in knocking off a few high lumps I noticed that the older ½ of it (it is poured in 2 sections) sounds hollow underneath. Should I be worried about that at all? The patch is near the wall (will not be heavily used) and it will have a fair chunk of underlay before the engineered floor goes over it. I'm really hoping you will say to just go for it :rolleyes:.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Re the hollow sound. I think you would be fine to not worry about it perhaps breaking down or something. Its in a low traffic area and engineered floor is pretty strong.
A heads up on any old "setting" stuff like plaster, filler, coving adheasive, quick set cement. Im my experience they go off very fast on you so be quick with it or it can set itself in your bucket.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back