Self levelling compound - is this stuff any good?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Im looking to tile our conservatory floor, currently its got a concrete base toi which I think you're supposed to screed over the top. Due to the cowboy who did this project (not me) not knowing his @rse from his elbow we cant screed it as it would then be higher than the kitchen floor (by quite a difference). So what the plan is, is to lay a shallow self levelling compound to rectify this.

So my question is, is this stuff any good?

http://www.diy.com/nav/build/buildi...air-Level-and-Fill-Grey-9277241?skuId=9286941

Ive read about self levelling compound and that it's not a great product - not this stuff just in general?

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
I guess it depends on the minimum thickness of level required by you/the floor and given by the product you linked to. Some have a different min and max thickness to others.

I had a guy level my kitchen floor with some compound and he made it look easy. Took 4 x 20kg bags, mixed one up, poured out, smoothed out slightly, mixed then next and so on.
Floor looked spot on and ready for Karndean after that.

Hi all,

Im looking to tile our conservatory floor, currently its got a concrete base toi which I think you're supposed to screed over the top. Due to the cowboy who did this project (not me) not knowing his @rse from his elbow we cant screed it as it would then be higher than the kitchen floor (by quite a difference). So what the plan is, is to lay a shallow self levelling compound to rectify this.

So my question is, is this stuff any good?

http://www.diy.com/nav/build/buildi...air-Level-and-Fill-Grey-9277241?skuId=9286941

Ive read about self levelling compound and that it's not a great product - not this stuff just in general?

Thanks!

No it's not. You want a moisture tolerance latex screed. Bag and bottle, Travis Perkins sell they and wickes do. Or go a local flooring stockist and get f.ball green bag, laybond ulimate or similar.

Sponsored Links
No it's not. You want a moisture tolerance latex screed. Bag and bottle, Travis Perkins sell they and wickes do. Or go a local flooring stockist and get f.ball green bag, laybond ulimate or similar.

Just looking on Travis Perkins - there seem to be a variety of products. Dont suppose you could link what youd reccomend please?

Thanks

I would go down there mate an ask. I don't use there products as I get them from a flooring stockist. They won't have all the online ones in store.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back