Self levelling compound maths check

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

Apologies if this is in the wrong forum. I am going to attempt to level my shed floor. It's a combination of tarmac and concrete flags. All in good condition but just looks odd. The area is 3 metres squared. I am thinking of using mapei 3240 for this job which says it covers 6 square meters at 3mm. Therfore in my head I would get 6mm spread out of one bag? However I want to raise the floor a little also...... Maybe an inch all round. There is a slight dip in the middle of about half an inch so I am thinking if i chuck 4 bags at it that would get me 24mm all round in a perfect world.... Take into account the dips and I might end up with say maybe 20mm all round which would be fine. For info the floor is pretty level side to side and back to front. Any advice would be appreciated

Sponsored Links
Sounds about right, but depending on the size of the dip, you may not get 20mm total.

You'll want a helper so you can mix and pour as quickly as possible

Thanks Mike.
Yes I suppose mixing 4 bags in one go might get a bit heavy lol

Do you have to mess with it much once it is poured? Or just leave it to do its thing?

Do you mean 3 square metres, (i.e. 1.73 m x 1.73m), or 3 metres squared, (i.e. 3m x 3m), which will actually be 9 square metres.

Sponsored Links
Hmm good point. It is 3 metres wide by 3 metres long..... So whatever that is :D

That will be 9 square metres and throws your calculations way out of kilter.

Thanks Conny..... Yes I am going to need alot more bags :eek:

I managed to do 6 X 4 M on my own, that was mixing in a dustbin with a paddle mixer and a lot of stress but its possible! Had buckets of water all measured out etc so could go straight into the next mix.

It doesn't really completely self level itself, you need to push it around with something to even it out, otherwise you'll just end up with a high spot where you pour it. I added some wooden flat sections to a garden rake to make a kind of squeegee which worked well.

Only regret is not getting a spiked roller, air bubbles ruined the finish somewhat.

Thanks magic. What were you covering? Also was it out of level much?

Did you use many bags?

Was covering a rough tamped concrete base, which was pretty level, just not very flat and a few dips in places. Sorry I can't remember how many bags, but I bought more than needed and returned the left over!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back