Removing self levelling compound from stone slabs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Before laying down my new floor, I evened out the words dips in the concrete underfloor with self levelling compound (now, when the floor and skirting are down, I realise I shouldn't just have evened the worst dips but all the dips, but nothing to do about that now :( ). It's the first time I've tried to work with any kind of levelling compound or cement or anything like that.

I emptied the bucket into a plastic bag laying on a scrap of the old carpet I had laying on the garden patio. For some reason the bag got a hole in it and... you've guessed it... the self levelling compound ran out, realised that the carpet scrap wasn't level with the slabs the patio is made of and immediately did what it said on the bag :(

So now I've got a very nice (NOT) white spot (15 x 10 cm) covering some of my stone slabs and the joins between them.

I've left it be for a couple of weeks, hoping that this was an interior product that would be ruined and start to crumble when left outside in the weather we've got here. But nope, it still sticks to the slabs like cement. I should mention that the slabs are "rustique", so they've got unevennesses etc in them.

Is there any way of getting this stuff off again?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back