Self levelling compound onto of existing screed self-levelling.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I have a floor that I am hoping to lay down some parquet flooring I am painstakingly in the process of cleaning block by block.

The floor where I want to lay it is a concrete slab with two layers (separated by a red member - might just be thick/gloss paint) of screed/self levelling compound.

The issue I have is that this top layer whilst smooth is neither flat nor level. It has dips and undulations in it. I am simply not going to risk laying the parquet on this.

I am going to use angle irons to establish parallel "tracks" on the floor that a level to each other. And then fill them in with self level (any other suggestions here?) compound and smooth it down the tracks using a straight edge - creating a smooth, flat and level surface.

Now there is quite a different between the highest point in the room and the lowest. maybe as great as an inch (it's a long rectangular room so it's not so shocking).

I was hoping to just remove the the existing self level at the high points in the room, and leave the existing stuff at the lower points - meaning I can use less self levelling and have less of the old surface to take to the skip.

Is this sensible, or should I just pull the whole lot up?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back