self levelling for karndean

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

Looking for a word of advice. We stripped old floor in the kitchen and now it is extremely uneven due to patches of old concrete, self levelling and patches of removed ancient tiles. Current plan is to put about an inch or more of sand cement screed, where it is deep enough, and then self levelling compound on top. We plan to glue karndean floors and my understanding is that it requires latex self leveller, which in our area I can only get from wickes (at least for now). They sell Setcrete 2-10mm. Now to questions:
1. Latex setcrete marked as for light or medium traffic. Will it be good enough for kitchen?
2. In case after sand-cement we still have deeps of more than 10mm, can I put more than one layer of self leveller ?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Forget the sand and cement. If you aren’t going to grind off the old screeding compound I wouldn’t be using a water mix latex screed.

Try and buy

ardex NA
Fball stopgap 1200
Tilemaster pro flow.
Mapei NA

all designed to go over old compounds and come bag and bottle of latex

Thanks dazlight. out of all of those, only one can be used to fill up to 30mm? I currently have areas 2-2.5 inch deep. it will take 2 layers of 30mm one to fill it all (not mentioning the price). Layer of sand cement is mostly to bring it to reasonable depth.

All of them can be bulked out with granno chips To 30mm or you could use level flex Which goes to 50mm

if you use sand and cement just make sure it’s bonded well or it might break up.

the setcrete would be fine for Kitchen Though. yes you can put more then one layer down.

Expensive that though. What area are you in ?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back