Selling my ex's tools

The Total Station gives you free petrol. :mrgreen:

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
I'm told a total station is worth more than a theodolite - is that right, and if so, why?

A total station has a sort of mini-computer on it to work lots of things out like distances and angles and stuff

A theodolite is just a posh telescope

Look on ebay and tick the "previously sold items like this" box to find a going price

Honestly forget all this banter and simply put it on ebay with good photo's and any manufacturer name or model info on the box or on the item. As someone said earlier people will know exactly what it is, it will go for the going rate. As long as you use 'total station' 'theodolite' and if possible the manufacturers name in the listing title and list it in roughly the right catagory it is not going to slip under the radar.

Trust in the free market.

Clicking on the auto-link in your post. First paragraph...

"Total stations are electronic / optical surveying instruments used in surveying to measure distance, angles and coordinates. Consisting of a theodolite and electronic distance measure (EDM) and can sometimes be used with a remote control for one-man operation (robotic total stations)."

Daniel

Ooo, missed page 3 of the tread.

Oh, and i'll offer a round £1500 if you can provide a building plot and a pile of bricks to go with.

Daniel

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back