Selling your house.

• Thread starter david and julie
  • Start date
I talked to a customer today, who reckoned he would chuck em out and hang the consequences.

Imagine this scenario......

The "evicted" squatter rings police on his (nicked) mobile. Police arrive to be greeted by a squatter complaining he has been forcefully removed from the house by the rightful owner, when hewas squatting legally.

Does the policeman arrest the householder? Re-instate the squatter?

Or what???

Sponsored Links
I think a policeman would probably shake his head, wonder what the world is coming to, then take notes from both parties just because his job requires it.

If the criminal, I mean squatter, wanted to take it any further I bet he would have to pursue it quite actively.

So, I doubt you would really have much to lose by kicking them out. Just don't go crazy violent on them, and you are probably sound as a pound.

The sqatter wouldn't need to persue anything.

He would most likely get legal aid, then the lawyers would queue up to fight his damages claim.

The squatter usually has the backing of people in the know
This is patenly obvious, otherwise bish bash bosh they would be forcibly removed .... Try that now and you'll be in trouble with the law ... makes the owner feel even worse then !!
There must be, stupidly, to us on the outside, some intricasies of law which complicate matters beyond the obvious simplicity of some cases.

The situation regarding the old lady in Bath has now been resolved.

I think the squatters made a major error in their choice of empty building, they are obviously trying to make a point regarding the lack of council housing and the number of empty properties around.

I wish more council housing exsisted .... the sell off was wrong IMO, for many reasons beyond just providing low cost housing.

P

Sponsored Links
Good news that the lady has got her property back!
I suppose the solution, if you have time to prepare it is; chuck them out on their ear, then if they call the police, deny they were ever in the property. Might save a few pounds.

isnt there an organisation that will help for a small fee to evict SQUATTERS aka thugsrus.com included in the small fee is a video of the SQUATTERS getting there just deserves

i for one would personally kick there heads in if i found them in my house and i know so many others that would do the same ,
no court would convict as obviously you feared for your life when you where attacked ( honest he was coming at me )

this country is way to soft on sh*te like them do them and do them good style grrr
i wish i was the neighbour oh my

and i was a hippy :cool: . Man how things change :LOL:

wheres batman when u need him huh ? come to think of it there could be money to be had kicking these scum out (discreetly) :evil:

no spull chacker was hutr in the makin of this

Slog'
I think they (squatters) usually have 'prepared' witnesses, but I am sure you are right and many must be evicted by people taking the law into their own hands .... trouble with the likes of thugsrus and their ilk, you could be entering a spiral .. requiring evenbiggerthusrus to rid yourselves of the attentions of the first lot !! Bit like spam really, once you are 'known' to have a few bob, you are in the 'domain' so to speak !!

P

Sponsored Links
Back