Send To Desktop (create shortcut) using Win 10

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ahh, them were the days. Once upon a time, all you had to do to put a webpage on the desktop was open it, right click and choose the option.

But Win 10, oh no!

You have to add the webpage you want to put on the desktop to your favourites.

Then open file explorer, the navigate to the favourites, find your webpage, THEN you can right click and choose send to - send to desktop (create shortcut).

But....I did all that, only to find I did not have the option to send to desktop.

Anyone know what's going on?

Thanks, guys.

Sponsored Links
What a fag compared to the old way...

and Win 10 is an improvement???

Sponsored Links
Found a quick way round this for anyone who's interested:

Right click on the desktop, click new, click shortcut, then paste the url in, followed by a name for the desktop icon.

A lot easier!

I knew there must be a better way!

Found a quick way round this for anyone who's interested:

Right click on the desktop, click new, click shortcut, then paste the url in, followed by a name for the desktop icon.

A lot easier!

I knew there must be a better way!
Looks like you can do that with Windows 7 too.

Didn't know that. With Win 7 you should also be able to right click on the webpage and create a shortcut on the desktop.

Didn't know that. With Win 7 you should also be able to right click on the webpage and create a shortcut on the desktop.
I tried that and couldn't see anything about sending to desktop or creating a shortcut.

Opera : FireFox : IE 11 - cursor on page 'Ctrl+S' = 'Save as..', 'Save page as..'., etc. Win 10 Pro.
Not in 'MS Edge' tho'.

-0-

Sponsored Links
Back