Favourites save problem on laptop

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Cannot see anywhere else to put it! Clean comments!
Windows XP Desktop PC(er in doors told me to take it off the table, its now on the floor).
I am a relative beginner in art and save websites of interest to favourites folder I created called ‘ART’ so when I want to save a website no problem ‘Art’ shows easy amongst the six I created on various subjects.

It all changes when doing the same on my Acer laptop Windows 7 Ultimate. I find a webpage to save so click favourites, if the folder showing in ‘Create in ‘ isn’t the one I want I click the small black arrow to bring up the folders list I created.
BIG PROBLEM
Every folder and sub folders show from ‘My documents’, ‘My pictures’, ‘My music’, ‘My video’s ‘ why?
Many thanks in anticipation.

Sponsored Links
I have not got windows 7 but I do move from PC to PC and I use LAN hard drives so I have a web page on the hard drive full of links to my favourite sites with desk top link on each PC. So from every PC I have same favourites page.

Cannot see anywhere else to put it! Clean comments!
Windows XP Desktop PC(er in doors told me to take it off the table, its now on the floor).
I am a relative beginner in art and save websites of interest to favourites folder I created called ‘ART’ so when I want to save a website no problem ‘Art’ shows easy amongst the six I created on various subjects.

It all changes when doing the same on my Acer laptop Windows 7 Ultimate. I find a webpage to save so click favourites, if the folder showing in ‘Create in ‘ isn’t the one I want I click the small black arrow to bring up the folders list I created.
BIG PROBLEM
Every folder and sub folders show from ‘My documents’, ‘My pictures’, ‘My music’, ‘My video’s ‘ why?

Many thanks in anticipation.

thanks ericmark for taking the trouble to reply but am afraid your reply tells me nothing except you switch between PC to PC and abviously don't have my problem and Lan? haven't a clue about computer techs.

My problem is why does the laptop favourites (Windows 7) show every folder I have on the laptop, eg My documents, My pictures folders etc, and not just the list of folders I created in the favourites list when coming across a website I want to save as I might not remember the website name.

On the PC ( Windows XP) only show the folders I created in favourite's. It does not show any of my other folders from My documents or My photo's folders.

Sponsored Links
Back